Saturday, July 11, 2009

Homemade by Mommy

This is really my second completed homemade dress but I don't have pictures of the first up and ready yet so I'm a little backwards on my posting! My mom had this great vintage pattern. It's a size three and a little too big but I'm imagining long sleeves and jeans underneath...

I give Ema-lya the credit for picking out the fabric combo-Amy Butler's Fresh Poppies in Fushia and Joel Dewberry's Sparrows in Dark Green. The little red buttons (there are two in back) are from a vintage lot I won on ebay, I pretty much want to put a little red something on everything!



The problem with learning to sew is that now my head is full of ideas and my wish list of fabric and patterns is long. (The gathering process of any project is always the most fun part) Now for finding more hours in the day:)

5 comments:

Deborah Raymond said...

Wow! If this is what one of your beginner sewing projects looks like, I am completely impressed. The photo of the little girl wearing your dress is beautiful!

Bootsie said...

What a sweet comment! Thing is I didn't take any up close shots or ones of the inside:) but I do love dressing up my little girl and this wonderful world of sewing!

Emily said...

thanks for the style credit! I love the dress and want one in my size! I will send my portion of this fabric combo back east! xoxo

teaginny said...

Gorgeous dress. Makes me wish I had a girl to sew for! :)

Wolf and Willow said...

Adorable, just adorable! Great sewing skills :) I love patterns by Oliver + S, they're so vintagey and delightful.