Monday, July 27, 2009

A first time for everything...

My very first completed dress. Learning to sew- I skipped steps and made up steps but finished it none the least! My inspiration- I saw this dress by Decaf Plush for $54 at one of my favorite online boutiques- Little Skye. I recognized the Alexander Henry strawberry fabric and thought maybe I could make one.


I used the Tea Party Dress Pattern from Oliver+S (every pattern comes with this most beautiful paper doll, how cute is that



And here is my version-



A girls morning out with my mom and Hope to Flat Rock in NC and I found the perfect red truck and of course my model did not want to get near it so I bribed her with a fizzy Izze:)



I'm also trying to figure out Photoshop and here is another first attempt- processing a picture.

I used CoffeeShop Perfect Portrait and ta da...

6 comments:

~*~Feminine Grace~*~ said...

You did a wonderful job on that adorable summer dress!All beginnings should be so great(:
She's going to treasure that little dress forever.

fullofbliss said...

You did an amazing job! I just love that little strawberry pocket. Your pictures turned out wonderful as well! That little one of yours is such a cutie pie!

(~.~)Bekah

Aphie said...

version is actually cuter - it certainly appears to fit your model much better! I like the extra little bit of length and the single strawberry pocket.

Sharnel said...

gorgeous little dress!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I had the topper made by lollipop workshop on etsy.

Angel said...

Your dress turned out lovely! Your daughter will treasure this as it's such a gift of love to sew for your children.

Thank you for commenting on my blog. Indeed what a small world it is! I found the lolli dolls through a blog that linked to Amy Atlas too. And I bet there are thousands of people out there praying for Kate that her family will never know about. I love how small yet far-reaching this blogworld can be. Visit her site when you have time and enough kleenex in reach. You will be changed.

~Angel
p.s. I love the Oliver + S patterns too.

Jenn said...

What an adorable dress! Thanks for checking out my blog.