Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hope's First Birthday (yes last year)

I know Hope will be two soon but I'm still trying to get all my crafty thoughts and ideas in one place. Plus it seems like yesterday anyway...
The theme-flowers, butterflies and bright cotton candy colors.

The invitation...

I fell in love with this stationary from Tiny Prints, is it possible to be in love with paper? The Heather Bailey fabric underneath I used as a tablecloth for the drink table and still have ideas for making it into some sort of lovely for Hopers to wear one day...


The ensemble...

MeMe gets credit for finding this super tutu complete with flower petals and a matching hair clip. Auntie Emalya transformed this plain pink leotard by sewing on matching ribbons for shoulder ties and Nana handmade the "I have to have that" birthday fairy wand I saw in Chasing Fireflies here.


The decorations...


I loved this flower balloon idea from Martha Stewart here. They were easy to make and I found the colors I needed at our local grocery, Grant had to get in on the fun too :)



Everything in beautiful with Heather Bailey paper but I loved these butterfly straw decorations from Martha here. My lovely model...


The cake..



I give all credit for the cake and cupcakes to Couture Cupcakes, just as yummy as they were lovely! Click here for my original inspiration.


The presents...


Hope was totally spoiled on her first birthday of course, this huge cupcake was handmade (yes she made it) by Nana and there was even a handmade gift inside. It really deserves it's own post...


Hope meets Bitty Baby!



The Goodies...

I found these mini tin watering can at Hobby Lobby, filled them with candy and stickers and then stuck maracas and lollipops through paper cut outs for the "flowers." I think Emily and I listened to a little Bob Marley and put these together while the kids were napping, oh when can you come back for craft time Auntie E?





I bought this pack of the flower horn blowers on sale at Swoozies, then later kicked myself for not buying more and had to scour the internet for at least one more pack :)


The mess that is the first birthday...


Oh me has another year really almost gone by? Say it isn't so, my baby girl not a baby anymore? How I do love each and every stage, a new word every day when Grant sounds like "quack" and cereal sounds like "see-O", becoming your own little independent person, refusing to wear any shoes except the red ones, having to do every thing Grant does like sitting in the dug out at his Wee Ball games and climbing up to the top bunk, and oh the kisses and hugs that are Hopers!

1 comment:

emalya said...

I want to come back for craft time!! I miss yall and those fabulous King parties!